Find your heavy complex of:
1 strict press, 2 push press, 3 push jerks
AMRAP for 8 minutes
3 handstand push-ups
3 cleans (185/125)
6 handstand push-ups
9 handstand push-ups
12 handstand push-ups
15 handstand push-ups
18 handstand push-ups
21 handstand push-ups
Etc., adding 3 reps to the handstand push-up each round, and 3 reps to the clean every 3 rounds.
How to execute a handstand push-up:
- Hand placement: place hands about 6-12 inches away from the wall and slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Make sure palms are facing forward, or slightly turned out 5-10 degrees.
- Kick up into a handstand, with your heels touching the wall. If you have trouble kicking up into the handstand, see your coach!
- Once you have kicked up, establish a strong, rigid midline position.
- While maintaining this position, lower yourself until the top of your head touches the floor/mat. Try to keep your elbows at a 45 degree angle as you lower.
- Once your head touches the floor, press up with the same tightness you had lowering yourself, until your elbows reach full extension.